C B Heslop & Company Ltd understands that the information you trust us with is important to you, and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The GDPR is the biggest change to data privacy laws in the last 20 years and comes into effect on 25th May 2018.
The new regulation is focused on you the individual and how your data is used and processed. As an existing client it is important that we let you know of the rights you have under the new regulations and these are described below. We are updating all our data collection touch points so you will have a clear understanding of what information is needed and why, when sharing this with us.
This policy explains how, when and why we collect your personal information during the course of providing services to you, under what situation we may disclose your personal information within our Group of Companies and to others, and how we keep it secure.
- We only collect personal information about you where it is completely necessary or you have consented, and we ensure that we only collect information that we need.
- We will not send you marketing material unless you have given us permission to do so.
- We will not sell your personal information to third parties.
- We use third-party suppliers to help us provide an excellent service to you. Where we share personal information with those suppliers, we have the appropriate contracts or controls in place, which will assess the security of their processing arrangements.
- We will protect your personal information with an appropriate combination of technical and organisational measures.
- We record and monitor our calls with you, for reasons listed in Section 2.
- You have the rights to your information. These are detailed in Section 7.
- We retain your data for as long as is necessary.
- If you have a complaint, please see how to contact us in Section 9.
- If you have any questions about how we process your information, please see how to contact us in Section 11.
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We need information about you to comply with our regulations to offer our range of services. We need to collect information from you to do this and to offer you the right service for your circumstances.
This can include personal information about you and other people you may want included as part of our services, information that we collect automatically, and personal information we collect from other sources.
- WHY WE USE THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We collect your personal information for a number of reasons: to provide services as set out in our engagement letters; handle queries; protect us and you from fraud; improve the service we offer; and inform you of other services that may interest you.
To process your information, we mainly rely on the following legal bases:
Performance of a contact: The use of your information is necessary to perform the contract that you have with us.
Legitimate interests: We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as to provide you with the most suitable service, website experience, emails or newsletters, or to improve and promote services, along with administrative, fraud prevention and detection and legal purposes.
Consent: We may rely on your consent to use your personal information for certain services and also for direct marketing purposes. You may withdraw your consent at any time, please contact us using the details provided at the end of this policy.
- INFORMATION THAT WE SHARE
We may have to share your information with other companies in the Group, or to third-party service providers, in certain circumstances.
We would like to send you information about our services and other companies in our Group which may be of interest to you. We will collect your information for marketing purposes, if you agree, when you provide your personal information.
To stop us contacting you for marketing, call 01635 868202; write to: Marketing Department, Heslops Chartered Accountants, 1 High Street, Thatcham, Berks, RG19 3JG.
- INFORMATION SECURITY
We work hard to keep your data safe. We use an appropriate combination of technical and organisational measures to ensure, as far as reasonably possible, the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information as all times. If you have a security-related concern, please contact us using the contact details at the end of this policy.
- TRANSFERRING YOUR INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA)
In order to provide our services, the information you give us may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. When we do transfer your personal data outside of the EEA, we ensure that any party with access to your information has implemented the necessary security and privacy measures, to ensure that your personal data is kept secure and confidential as outlined in this policy.
- ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND CORRECTION
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. We will provide you with this information within one month of receiving your request and verifying your identity.
You also have a right to contact us if you believe your personal information is incorrect, or if you believe we are no longer entitled to use your personal data. If you have any questions about how we use your personal information, please contact us using the detail provided at the end of this policy.
- RETAINING YOUR DATA
C B Heslop & Company Ltd, and the information we collect about you, are subject to various regulatory and legislative requirements. In addition, we will endeavour not to keep your personal information for longer than we have to for us to fulfil our obligations to you. Where it is not possible for us to delete your data, we will ensure that appropriate security and organisational measures are put in place to protect the use of your data.
We work hard to ensure that your personal information is treated safely and securely. However, if you have a complaint, write to us using the contact details at the end of this policy, or talk to a member of our team. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- WHO TO CONTACT IN RELATION TO PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AT C B HESLOP & CO LTD
C B Heslop & Co Ltd controls the processing of personal data on its systems. If you would like to discuss anything in relation to this policy or how we handle your personal information, you can reach the Data Protection Officer, Heslops Chartered Accountants, 1 High Street, Thatcham, Berks, RG19 3JG. You can also talk to a member of our team.